Sunday, December 21, 2008

My Mother


My freaking mother..
She posted on facebook for all those snoopy busy bodies I call friends to see
"STOP LOSING WEIGHT"
My relationship with my mother is very hard to explain.....
I cant even explain it.....
LONG LONG story short...... SHE abandoned my baby sister and I when we were very Young..........My father raised us, and raised us well.....
Now that she has "found herself" she has become very needy and whiny; SHE now wants to be woven back into our everyday lives.......

Has anyone ever blocked their mother on facebook?????????...LMAO..............

My mother is very intelligent and very aloof....shall I say was aloof......
Now she calls and does the "I haven't heard from you, are you okay?".......
"When will I see you again".......I miss you, when are you going to invite us down for a visit.....and on and on........Its not like I am punishing her, its just that since I was 5 years old I had to learn to live without a mother, why should I now learn to live with her........
I am a christian and I would never intentionally try to hurt her, but its hard to include her in my everyday life.....I do try...a phone call here, an email there, but fuck......
Its hard to pretend ...................

The comment she posted on my facebook clearly states to me...I am your mother, and I can say that.......well no, mother you cant..........I deleted it and off I go......

2 comments:

Anna said...

Awww that sucks. i know a few people who have had to block their mom's on facebook. it's sad, but you do what you have to do!

a person has no right to be responsible for messing up your life like that and then coming back and demanding that you just be ok i.e. her comment on your weight.

it gets to me when people say why dont you just eat. OH! what a good idea! why didnt i think of that!
thanks! I'm all better now :)

wow... pardon my rant there... and it's my first post to you! lol, i'm usually not so ummmm 'ranty', but well the topic of mom's sometimes gets to me :o)

love your blog!

I Hate to Weight said...

good for you!!!! you get to call the shots in the relationship with your mother now, and it sounds like you're handling it all beautifully. glad you can see a little humor in it too -- blocking your mother on facebook....! but what do you think, if i may ask, is it time to stop losing weight?