Thursday, December 4, 2008

First day Back

Today is my first day back after six long recovery weeks.
I am a bit nervous, its like starting a new job.
I wonder if I forgot how to write a good PCR, or how
to talk to a drunk (THAT I WANT TO PUNCH) kindly after they roll
there vehicle at highway speed.
I do NOT miss crawling out of my bed at 3 am and roaring to a JOKE
call.......( the ones where the Pt. just doesn't feel good)
I do miss the feeling of accomplishment after a critical call that goes well.....Yes, I miss that....
I wonder if I will remember med dosages ( if not i was sure to put my reference guide in my uniform pants)....................................
I wonder if anyone will call me a "cunt," a "bitch," or ask "are you sure you can lift that"
I wonder if I will get a suicide call, a gunshot, a fall, a Grannie call, a fracture, or my fave. shit and puke call?????...I wonder........
I also wonder, will it be quiet, it might be, I hope so, I would like to ease back in slowly.
I wonder if I have the will power to pull away and jump in the shower and get ready...LOL.....
I do.... I do....I am going now to scrub the sleep off my body.....................

No comments: