Monday, December 1, 2008

Dad






This morning I woke to my alarm at 5:00......



I didn't have to work, so it did seem very early......



I had to pick up my Dad and drive him to the airport.



We live in a small town so the nearest airport is two hours away.



We decided to leave early as the weather can change in a heartbeat here in Alberta Canada.



Usually at this time of year we are covered in snow and ice, accompanied by rigid temperatures



(-30 Celsius isn't unusual), but this am it was +3, with no snow, no ice, and no wind. It was a relief..............



I turned the corner onto my Dads street and there he was, in the dark, waiting out front......



(He is a dork, its where I inherited that quality)...........



I helped him with his 400 pound suitcase (dumb move, if I knew how much it weighed I wouldn't have)...................My Dad is very fit for his age and could have handled it quite well himself............



Off we went......down the highway..............In My silver dodge with brand new snow tires........( With no freaking snow or ice for hundreds of miles)



Dad was quite concerned that I haven't been following the upheaval in our fine Canadian government. This of course meant a 2 hour lesson during the drive......



I didn't roll my eyes....not even once.........I value my Dads opinion more than any other man on this planet, but shit, its 5 in the morning............................



At the airport I said "I love you".......normal for most families (I think) , And Dad said "I Love you too"........................He is a very Conservative man and one who rarely expresses emotions...



It made me feel all warm and fuzzy.....................That was my morning...........

No comments: